Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Surviving the blizzard of 2011...

We planned it perfectly. 

Our flight left O'Hare Airport on the 30th of January, bound for Naples, Florida. We had made plans to meet up with my niece Ana and her husband Brad. The storm hit Chicago 3 days later. After 6 days of 80+ degree weather, we flew home to fairly decent road conditions and a perfectly clean driveway. Thank you, son! ( I told you that over-sized snow blower would pay off one day.)


I've experienced every big storm that has hit Chicago in the last 55 years, 1967, 1978/79 and all the others in between or after, and I think I prefer the way I survived the Snowmageddon of 2011 best of all. On the beaches of the Gulf of Mexico in South Florida!

 

We had a great time. Good food, fantastic weather... And none of the snow or ice that paralyzed the Midwest while we were gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment